Whether you’re a full-time digital marketer or simply a business owner looking for new ways to promote your brand yourself, you may have heard or seen the term ‘multichannel marketing’ thrown around.
But is multi-channel marketing really something that needs to be on your radar? The answer is yes, and here’s why!
What is multichannel marketing?
Multi-channel marketing is using multiple platforms to market your brand or business and connect with consumers. This includes everything, online and off – such as your website, social media pages, promotional events, print ads, your brick and mortar location and more.
Essentially, it’s considering how you can market to your audience through every possible platform to ensure maximum exposure and conversion opportunities.
What are the benefits of a multi-channel approach?
There are a lot of benefits to a multi-channel approach! Consider these before making your decision.
- With multi-channel marketing, you can reach an even wider audience. If someone doesn’t see you or your ad in one location, chances are they’ll see it somewhere else.
- It encourages you to make the most of the platforms you have – a good skill when it comes to business.
- It ensures you’re still being promoted in multiple ways if one platform were to fail. For example, if your site went down, consumers could still see your ads on social media or in-store.
- It can give your brand a cohesive look and feel that will be recognisable to your audience, as they’ll have seen your logos, colours and information in more than one place.
- Multi-channel marketing gives you even more opportunities to interact with your audience, giving you a better insight into what they want and need.
How can I create a multi-channel strategy?
Creating a multi-channel strategy is easier than you might think. All you need to do is consider the platforms you have available and how you could turn them into marketing opportunities. For example, start posting more on your social media pages, add a promotional feel to your store or put a print ad in a local magazine. These will all work together to create a multi-channel strategy.
By doing your research and creating a cohesive and recognisable multi-channel campaign, you and your business will be able to enjoy all of the benefits that come with a dedicated multi-channel approach.
If you don’t already have an online presence or digital marketing strategy, it’s time to get started as this is an integral part of any multi-channel marketing campaign. If you’re short on time, consider asking a company such as Trigacy Digital to take care of it for you – ensuring everything from your website to any potential extras like apps are covered.